Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Bottom Line......

Since having Kara Love, I have been home. Which has given me a lot of time to think about things. I feel so blessed to have Kara Love in my life. After my daughter Jaslynn passed away in 2005 from cancer, I never thought that I would have an other daughter. She is just so amazing and precious. And her being born on the anniversary of Jaslynn's passing was a sign. I know that Jaslynn is telling me she's ok, and it's ok to be happy again. I know she doesn't want me to morn her passing anymore but celebrate her life.

An other thing I have thought about is life, well my life and where I am at. Do not get me wrong I am very happy as far as my family life, but there is other places in my life I would like to change. I was cleaning out a drawer yesterday and found a poem that a friend had sent me a long time ago. It's called The Bottom Line, and I am going to share it with you. The Author is Unknown.

The Bottom Line

Face it.

Nobody owes you a living. What you achieve in your lifetime is directly related to what you do or fail to do. No one chooses his parents or childhood but you can choose your own direction. Everyone has problems and obstacles to overcome but that too is relative to each individual.

Nothing is carved in stone. You can change anything in your life if you want to badly enough. Excuses are for losers. Those who take responsibility for their own actions are the real winners in life. Winners meet life's challenges head on knowing there are no guarantees and give it all they've got. It's never too late or too early to begin. Time plays no favorites and will pass whether you act or not.

Take control of your life. Dare to dream and take risks. If you aren't willing to work for your goals, don't expect others to.

Believe in yourself!

For a while now, I have been feeling down about myself. I really wanted this blog, then I stopped writing it for a long time. There are some other things I want to do. But like in the poem if I am not willing to work for my goals don't expect others to.

I have decided that today is my day. It's time to stop feeling sorry for myself and change things. I am going to work on my goals and make them happen! 2013 is going to be my year. I have a awesome family who are my strength and support system. And if I don't complete what I am setting out to do I have no one to blame but myself.

Are there things that you would like to complete this year? Is there something you always wanted to do but have not yet because you thought you couldn't do it? Or you were afraid of failing? Let's get together and make things happen!

XOXOXO,





No comments: