Thursday, February 7, 2013

They say everything happens for a reason.

I am sure at some point in your life some one has said the phrase to you "Everything happens for a reason."  Well, for some reason I get told that a lot.  I recently lost my job.  I am in property management.  The only thing I really know how to do or am any good at.  I was a Assistant Manager for a apartment community in San Antonio, TX.  Well, since I had not been with the company for a year ( I was with them for like 10 months)  I was let go after I had gone on maternity leave.  I was let go because I did not qualify for FMLA.  Which I think just totally to be blunt sux.  

So I was told "Don't worry everything will be ok, you know everything happens for a reason"  I just wanted to scream!  How can losing my job right after having my baby be for a reason.  Do I do or say something to make the karma gods mad?   Sometimes I believe that.  I have been through a ton of stuff.  And it seems like every time I get to take 2 steps forward I get thrown back like 6 steps.  But I have been doing a lot of thinking since I have been home with Kara and the boys. I am going to take this opportunity and run with it.

I recently came upon a paragraph that pretty much sums it all and got me thinking.

"Lessons Learned in Life"

Life it to short to wake up with regrets.
Love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the ones who don't.
Believe everything happens for a reason.  
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life let it.
Nobody said life would be easy.
They just promised it would be worth it.

So even though losing my job, right now is going to change our lives, I am hoping that in the long run it will change for the best. I keep running into different sayings, paragraphs, sayings, poems about life and how if your life is not the way you want it to be change it.  I have even written about it several times.  I think it is really about time that I stop saying I am going to change things and actually start doing it.  Because life is too short to have any regrets, life is not easy, it is full of good, bad, wonderful and ugly moments.  So after some thinking, maybe I was not supposed to be working at the apartment community I got let go from.  Maybe just maybe there is something or somewhere else I am supposed to be.  Where that is or what I should be doing is still unknown.  But hopefully everything will work out the way it is supposed to.

XOXOXO,



No comments: