Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 12: Something You Feel Strongly About

Something I feel very strongly about is Organ Donation. My daughter Jaslynn is a cornea donor and because of her 2 people were given the gift of sight.

National Donate Life Month is celebrated in April each year. It is a month to raise awarness and encourage Americans to register as organ, eye and tissue donors and to celebrate those that have saved lives through the gift of donation.



By registering to be a donor you can save up to 8 lives and the same donor can improve the lives of up to 50 people by donating tissues and eyes. Because Jaslynn suffered from brain cancer she was only able to donate her corneas. April 17th is National Donate Life Blue and Green Day. I love to do this every year.



I have not yet decided how I am going to celebrate this year but I know I am going to and will let you guys see what I come up with! Donate Life is having a contest on there FaceBook page and the winner wins a $100 Amazon gift card. See the details below:



If you have not registered I highly recommend that you do. Here is the website to go to http://donatelife.net/register-now/ It only takes moments to do so and you can make a difference. If you have any questions you can ask me too. I can give you the prospective of being a donor Mom. Because my daughter Jaslynn was a cornea donor, I have registered to be a donor and my family knows my decesion.



Thank you for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow and see what Day 13 is all about!!!

A Fresh Start

No comments: