Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Day 15: The Worst Day of My Life

The Worst Day of My Life is January 7, 2005 that is when I lost my daughter Jaslynn to cancer. She was only 5 years old. I remember it like it was yesterday. The pain of losing a child is like no other. Especially when your child has to go through something as horrible as cancer and you can not do anything to take it away. Jaslynn fought a year and a half battle with cancer. She was diagnoised a month after her 4th birthday. This is a picture of my Jaslynn at her 4th birthday party.



Jaslynn would have been 15 years old. I think about how she would dress, what kind of music she would like, and what would be her favorite thing to do. Would she be a cheerleader or in dance team? It took me a very long time to be ok, do not get me wrong I still have really bad days. I miss her teribbly. I think and talk about her everyday. But I have reached a point where I no longer mourn her death, I now celebrate her life. Even though Jaslynn was only with us a short 5 years, I have a life time of memories. At even the young age of 5 years old, Jaslynn taught me so much about life. She was always willing to help, had a smile that was so contagious, and huge brown eyes that would just melt your heart. She loved Spiderman, stickers and Bratz dolls.



My daughter Kara Love was born on the day that Jaslynn passed away. Kara Love's birthday is January 7, 2013. I had a high risk pregnancy with my Kara Love. She supposed to be due on January 23rd. I was on bed rest and did everything the doctor asked me to do. But she came on her own. In fact I went into labor around the time we lost Jaslynn. I can not help but think Jaslynn had something to do by Kara Love coming early.

Jaslynn was able to be a cornea donor and because of her two people were given the gift of sight. Even though Jaslynn is no longer with us her legacy lives. I am honored that out of everyone I was chosen to be her mom.

A Fresh Start

No comments: