Friday, July 10, 2015

What I do to get myself out of a funk...

Everyone gets into a FUNK every now and then. It can be things are not going right personally, at work, or you just feel down and can not explain why. This happens to me. I can have fustrastion at home and work and everyhting just piles up. Or I feel completly down, sad, worthless, like nothing will ever go right for me. I know that has to do with my mental illness. But when I am feeling just really down I always try to get out of that feeling.



1. Be creative! Do something artistic, draw, write, paint! Anything to get your creative juices flowing!



2. Get your body moving! Go outside and get some exercise. Go for a run or a walk outside, jump rope, get a hulp hoop! Anything to get some exercise.



3. Get yourself dressed. I know I am guilty for staying in my sweats, just lay around and not doing anything. I get myself dressed, put on something sparkly, put some glitter on my eyes and I get out. When I am at work and I am in a funk, on my lunch I will just get out of the office and just walk around stores.



4. DANCE! Put some music on and just take a dance break! I often do this at work. I don't care if my coworkers laugh at me or roll there eyes. Just Dance!



5. Just Breathe.......Take a moment and just breathe. Somtimes it is ok if all you did was breathe today.



Thanks for stopping by today my Sparkly Friends! Today is Friday the weekend is here! Enjoy!

No comments: